Looking to grow from the ground up? Do you enjoy spending time in the forest, working alongside a team of top professionals in Forestry Management? Our Woodlands Operations Supervisor position allows you to plant your roots with Tolko. Read on to learn how you can join our team and make an impact!
We’re looking for an experienced Woodlands Operations Supervisor for our Southern Interior Woodlands Division. The Southern Interior Woodlands Team manages Tolko’s tenure and fibre supply in the Southern Interior of British Columbia, covering an area of 953,447 hectares. We are dedicated to sustaining these areas to the benefit of all who live and work there.
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- 5+ years related industry experience.
- Experience in Harvesting or Roads in the BC Interior.
- A proven commitment to safety.
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Ability to perform fieldwork.
- A University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry.
- An active Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Forest Technician (RFT).
We value diversity at Tolko and know that experience and knowledge come in many forms. Even if you don’t have all the qualifications above, please apply. We would love to hear your story and have you grow with us.
In this role you will:
- Supervise and oversee field personnel while maintaining safety standards.
- Interact with various teams and build strong relationships with the people you work with.
- Support Tolko’s objectives for safety, environment, production, cost and quality.
- Perform work both in office and in the field.
- Be given the opportunity to take on roles within Harvesting or Roads.
- Travel periodically across the southern interior of BC as duties may span across the communities of Kamloops and Vernon.
So, what’s in it for you?
- You’ll take on an exciting new challenge with supportive team members.
- You’ll earn a competitive salary based on your skills and experience. The expected base salary range for this position is $83,250 to $111,000 per year.
- You’ll be eligible to participate in Tolko’s bonus program.
- You’ll be eligible for excellent benefits and access to our retirement plans, so you don’t have to choose between your bottom line and your wellbeing or your future.
- You may also be eligible for relocation support including community connections so you can live (and play) where you work.
- You’ll be supported in continued development through on-the-job and classroom training and reimbursement of tuition and membership fees.
- You’ll be part of a positive, innovative, and inclusive work environment.
If you want to work in a sustainable, future focused industry, there is no better place than Tolko. Our family has been producing innovative forest products for over 65 years. Our focus remains on sustainably managing our forests and our business for upcoming generations.
We want YOU to join our family. Come Grow Here! Apply today at www.tolko.com/careers.
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Hear what our employees have to say!
About the North Okanagan Valley
The North Okanagan Valley includes the communities of Vernon, Armstrong, Lavington, Lumby and Lake Country, British Columbia. Surrounded by lakes, these communities provide family-friendly living with lots of amenities, and beautiful weather. Visit one of our local wineries or fine dining restaurants, go boating, hiking, biking, skiing, catch a round of golf, or visit a local market to pick up fresh fruit and produce… whatever your pleasure, you’ll find it here.
We honour that the Thompson-Okanagan region is located in the traditional and unceded territory of the Nlaka’pamux People, Syilx Peoples, Secwepemc Nation, Simpcw territory St’at’imc Nation territory that includes Nxwisten, Ts’kw’aylacw, Sekw’el’was, Lil’wat, Chalath, T’it’q’et, Xaxl’ip, N’quatqua, Xa’xtsa, Skatin, and Samahquam.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at www.tolko.com/careers.