We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementation of cost-effective log and timber procurement program to sustain two multi-shift sawmills in the beautiful mountain town of Quincy, CA. Nestled along the Sierra Nevada Mountain range, Quincy was named #7 among the most beautiful and charming small towns in Northern California, as well as #8 on the list of America’s Coolest Small Towns. Come live, work, and play in this beautiful outdoor community!
About The Position
• Identify timber and log acquisition opportunities, appraise, and purchase logs and timber from both private and public sources for sustained log supply
• Effectively and professionally interact with private landowners, federal, state and local agencies
• Work together with key staff at the mill in support of the Company’s goals and objectives in a fast-paced team environment
• Management of the procurement program to produce a cost-effective, smooth, reliable, flow of raw materials
• Develop and maintain the Log Plan with monthly forecast updates
• Administration of timber sale contracts, including oversight of logging and road building contractors
• Effectively hire, train, supervise, and mentor local procurement team as well as coordinate, assign, monitor and review work of team members
• Monitor log utilization and quality control guidelines
• Conduct monthly physical log deck inventory and jointly manage operation of the log yard with mill staff
• Participate in local collaboratives and industry associations
• 5 years’ experience in log and stumpage valuation in Western forests
• 5 years’ experience managing a log procurement program
• Degree in Forestry, or related field preferred
• Registered Professional Forester license preferred
• Experience that could include; log procurement, log marketing, cruising, logging supervision, contract administration, or harvest unit layout
• Experience in logging and road construction operations
• Demonstrated skill in leadership, communication, motivation, and people management
• Proven to be a reliable self-starter with a strong work ethic and safety conscious
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careers
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $85,000 to $150,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.
About Sierra Pacific Industries
At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With nearly 6,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2.4 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.