We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
The CA North State Community Relations Manager position, based in Anderson, CA, is responsible for a regional community relations program that strengthens and grows the Company’s presence and reputation. The primary focus is localized to the Company’s manufacturing and forest operation areas in the counties of Humboldt, Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama and Trinity.
About The Position
• Work collaboratively with SPI managers, company leadership, and community relations team to develop and implement a year-round community outreach plan that supports our mission, goals, and objectives
• Engage in local issues that have impacts on SPI’s operations, advocating approved policy positions in the appropriate local and regional government and community forums
• Promote at all times a positive company image, educating community stakeholders about the issues of importance to SPI
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with local government officials, community leaders, and business leaders to ensure that SPI has a positive reputation and operating environment
• Maintain and grow SPI’s community presence through strategic engagement in community initiatives, speaking at public forums and facilitating SPI leaders’ involvement in those efforts
• Evaluate regional nonprofits’ requests to the Sierra Pacific Foundation. Elevate news regarding Foundation grants and scholarships
• Organize and lead facility and forestry tours with key groups including schools, educational leaderships, and government officials
• Build and foster long-term working relationships with local media and assist in developing proactive media relations strategies and materials
• Support SPI’s outreach with high school & trade school program leaders to address workforce needs
• Participate in booths, exhibits, and community events
• Identify and report on economic, political, and social trends that can impact SPI
• Effectively and regularly communicate with SPI managers and leadership at multiple levels
• Bachelor’s degree in related fields such as Public Relations, Communications, Business, or Forestry is preferred
• 5 years’ experience working in community affairs, media relations, government relations or related fields
• Experience working with local government officials, community organizations, trade groups or similar organizations
• Experience as a credible, articulate spokesperson, with strong communication skills
• Proven ability to work and communicate, both independently and as part of a team, with all levels of an organization
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities professionally, while successfully responding to unexpected challenges and staying on track with regular responsibilities
• Knowledge of the forest sector, including understanding of state forest practice regulations, forest management and logging practices, and wood products manufacturing is preferred
• Solid understanding of local government: structure, processes, and decision makers – a basic understanding of state and federal government also preferable
• Flexibility to travel and ability to participate in community events and related obligations outside normal business hours
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careers
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $75,000 to $125,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.
About Sierra Pacific Industries
At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With nearly 6,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2.4 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.