For the Northern Ontario East Division: oversee the preparation, production and implementation of forest management plans and all related licenses. Report to the General Manager, while ensuring consultation with the public, special interest groups, and First Nations communities. Ensure performance of all silvicultural work provided for in the corporate forest management strategy to maintain expected yields and forest sustainability, while participating in the development and implementation of new technologies.
- Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, support Health & Safety Program.
- Lead a motivated, efficient and engaged planning team of direct reports and provide career development opportunities.
- Coach and mentor employees to ensure maximum performance.
- Provide direction to planning team, conferring with customers, consultants, contractors or suppliers.
- Coordinate the development of management strategies in collaboration with the Ministry of Natural Resources and forest users to ensure mill supply.
- Ensure effective coordination of consultations with forest users to consider their needs in the planning process while paying special attention to affected First Nations communities..
- Maintain a communications program to keep your team informed.
- Develop and maintain a good rapport between labour, customer, outside agencies, other users and management.
- Report to General Manager – Northern Ontario East.
- Participate in short term and long-term planning for the area forest, pertaining to budget requirements, staff selection and projects to be undertaken.
- Ensure organization and production of forestry inventories required for preparation of plans and reports requested by the Ministry of Natural Resources or as required for operations.
- Coordinate/lead the development and implementation of Forest Management Plans, Annual Work Schedules and Annual Reports
- Draft and submit general forest management plans in accordance with prescribed form, content and schedules for approval by Ministry of Natural Resources.
- Responsible for investigations and reports such as cost estimates, planning studies, unusual trouble analysis, etc.
- Act as Registered Professional Forester and signing officer for forest management plans and reports.
- Ensure that all operations adhere to the Federal, Provincial and Municipal Laws and Regulations.
- Ensure planning and prescription of silvicultural regimes to comply with supply and forest management contracts.
- Manage the forest renewal trust fund to ensure minimum balance is maintained and adequate silvicultural funding is in place.
- Advise and recommend changes or opportunities to planning costs and report/explain deviations from planned activities.
- Lead and manage forest certification systems.
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry or equivalent;
- Registered Forestry Professional of eligible for registration;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Bilingual: French-English is an asset
Chapleau, ON or Timmins, ON or Cochrane, ON
About Rayonier Advanced Materials (RYAM)
Rayonier Advanced Materials is the leading global manufacturer of forest products, including lumber, paper, packaging and a global leader of high purity cellulose, a natural polymer commonly found in cell phones, computer screens, filters and pharmaceuticals. With manufacturing operations in the U.S., Canada and France, Rayonier Advanced Materials employs approximately 4,200 people and generates approximately US$2 billion of revenues.
Rayonier Advanced Materials’ intellectual property and manufacturing processes have been developed over 86 years, resulting in unique properties and very high quality and consistency. Rayonier Advanced Materials is consistently ranked among the nation’s top 50 exporters and delivers products to 79 ports around the world, serving customers in 20 countries across five continents.