Probyn Log (part of the Probyn Group) is a dynamic forest management and log brokerage company that manages over 1 million cubic meters of timber assets annually across Coastal British Columbia. We are a family-oriented business with our employees being our greatest asset. We have been operating for over 50 years and currently have offices in Campbell River, Chilliwack, Port Alberni and New Westminster.
We are currently recruiting motivated individuals interested in all aspects of forestry from engineering to log sales to join our team. The role will be as diversified as the forest industry and offers a unique opportunity to work in multiple aspects of the industry which include, but are not limited to:
- Timber Reconnaissance
- Engineering and Development
- Supervision of Logging and Road Building
- First Nations Employment Development
- Quality Control
- Domestic and Export Log Sales
- 5+ Years of Experience in the Forest Industry
- Applicants with a Forestry Designation (RPF, RFT) are Preferred
- Strong Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills to Confidently Interact with all Levels of the Organization
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Products
We are looking for someone living on Vancouver Island to be based out of our Port Alberni office. The position will require travel, however you will be returning home most nights.
If you are looking to grow your career and be part of a dynamic team in the forestry industry, we encourage you to apply by sending your resume to [email protected] by September 15th, 2020.