· Plan and supervise field work in the restoration of impaired edge habitat.
· Delegate work and responsibilities to team leaders, while working on site with your team.
· Provide leadership, training, and be an outstanding example for workers.
· Provide and reinforce a positive, enjoyable working environment for everyone on the team.
· Communicate and develop relationships with clients.
· Forestry knowledge – thorough knowledge of forest ecology.
· Leadership experience – Some experience leading a team.
· Interpersonal relationships – proficient at providing clear communications with clients and staff.
· Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in an area of Forestry.
· 5 years of field experience in forest stewardship.
· Management experience preferred
· Dependable transportation
· Live in or near Ulster County, NY.
· Enjoy hard, dirty work.
· Team player.
· Positive attitude and management style.
· Passion for natural environment.
· Salary commensurate with experience. $40k-$60k
· Yearly bonus.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter along with three references to: [email protected]
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
About Hudson Valley Native Landscaping
Hudson Valley Native Landscaping is a family-owned business that has been serving residential property owners throughout New York’s Hudson Valley since 2009. In our forestry division, we restore woodlands, manually remove invasive plants, and incorporate permaculture philosophies. In our native landscaping division, we design and plant gardens. Demand is growing for this type of service and we are perfectly positioned to lead in the marketplace.
If you feel you are not qualified for this position, apply anyway. We are always expanding our team to meet demand.
The long-term opportunities for you in the residential field are enormous. As an Operations Manager, you will draw upon your knowledge of forest ecology, while supervising and working side by side with your team to directly improve the health and biology of our client’s yards & woodlands.
We invite you to join our team in bringing this rapidly growing company to the next level.