Hours of Work:
Weekday Rotating every 2 weeks: Monday to Thursday (day shift 530 – 4 pm; aft shift 4 pm – 230am)
Weekend Shifts: Friday, Saturday, Sunday – 530 am – 600 pm
As an independent, family owned and operated company, Kalesnikoff thinks in terms of generations, not quarters. We recognize that people are our most valuable resource. As we continue to grow our fully-integrated mass timber and sawmill company, we’re searching for individuals who enjoy a hands-on approach to work tasks and thrive in a team-based environment.
At Kalesnikoff, working safely is an expectation. In your role you will have the time and resources needed to meet that expectation.
General Operations role and objectives:
We are seeking General Operations employees to join our team at Kalesnikoff. We are looking for candidates who are interested in a growth opportunity in a production environment, acquiring training in various job centers throughout our two facilities between Castlegar and Nelson, BC to provide support where needed.
- High school diploma or General Equivalent Diploma (GED)
- One year experience working with machinery in a manufacturing setting is considered an asset
- A commitment to safety in the workplace
- Flexible approach to work tasks with a willingness to support other departments as required
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team
- Must have a reliable method of transportation
- Must demonstrate an ability to learn quickly and apply learning in day-to-day processes
- Experience in lumber manufacturing or heavy industrial environment would be an asset
Physical demands and working conditions:
- You can lift/carry 20-40 lbs. repetitively for up to 8 – 12 hours a day
- You can lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- You are comfortable working in a multi-temperature environment
You can expect these great benefits:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Extended health benefits including health, dental, vision, travel, Health Spending Account and RRSP program
- Team building and social events
- Training, development, and mentorship opportunities
- Opportunity to advance in your career
- Work-life balance
- A great culture where we truly value our employees
Contact information/ how to apply:
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
Yesterday and today:
For over 80 years and four generations, our team has been inspired by forests and the endless possibilities for designing and building with wood. We began as a horse-logging operation in 1939 and have grown to become North America’s most-advanced, vertically-integrated, multi-species mass timber facility and one of the best-managed, high-technology mills in the province. From seedlings to solutions, we see our products through the entire process – from forest management, log optimization, specialty drying and finishing, custom designing and mass timber manufacturing to customer delivery.
About our Kootenay home:
Are the mountains calling you? From beautiful parks and forests, pristine lakes, breathtaking valleys and stunning mountain ranges, the West Kootenay region is a highly desired and special place to call home. With an abundance of recreation including ski areas, golf courses, hot springs, and endless hiking, biking and other outdoor activities, the Kootenays isn’t just a region, it’s a lifestyle. Our vibrant mountain towns are full of arts, culture, food, history and caring communities. What are you doing after work today?
Equal opportunity commitment:
Kalesnikoff is a committed equal opportunity employer. Kalesnikoff’s recruitment strategy is designed to attract the best person for each position, to ensure equality of opportunity for all applicants, and to promote our corporate vision and culture. When considering applicants for positions within our Company, only job-related criteria such as ability, merit and responsibility are used to evaluate applicants. Kalesnikoff prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.
Kalesnikoff is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. Kalesnikoff believes in integration and equal opportunity. Kalesnikoff is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by identifying barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility standards in accordance with applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $27.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nelson, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- do you have experience working in a manufacturing setting?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Manufacturing: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person