Operate and maintain the weigh scale system.
Conduct quality sampling of logs received at the Sawmill.
Conduct all sample scaling for the calculation of weight to volume factors.
Measure and maintain an accurate yard inventory.
Ensure all government and company statutes, rules, and regulations with respect to scaling are carried out suitably.
Train new truck drivers on the use of the weigh scale system in accordance with operating procedures.
Validate and ensure accuracy of the daily load receipts.
Work closely with Sawmill and forest operations personnel to ensure the efficient processing of material through the weigh scale system.
Must visit company harvest blocks to ensure log quality control based on sawmill log specifications.
· Must be dependable, good organizational skills, focus on quality, attention to detail, and demonstrate a willingness to learn.
· 2 to 5 years’ experience an asset.
· Maintain safe work practices and procedures.
· Strong Verbal Communication Skills, as well as Problem Solving Skills.
· Must be willing and able to work in inclement weather conditions.
· Capacity to take direction and the ability to work well under minimal supervision.
· Must have a vehicle (asset) and valid driver’s license.
· Training and course will be provided when available.
About Nakina Lumber Inc
Nakina Lumber Inc is a sawmill located in the town of Nakina, Ontario, in the Greenstone region of Northern Ontario. Located in Northern Ontario the outdoor lifestyle is second to none (fishing, hunting, canoeing, snowmobiling, hiking, etc...)