Ministry of Forests
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
This position is also posted as a STO under REQ 91569.
$61,182.54 – $77,067.27 annually
The Stewardship Forester provides professional advisory services to a program area in the natural resource sector. The primary role of the Stewardship Forester includes: resource monitoring, silviculture, strategic operations planning, timber supply reviews, land based investment delivery and forest health.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service – Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor of Science in forestry or natural resource management and three (3) years of current (gained over the last 5 years) and directly related experience in operational field forestry.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
*Directly related experience in operational field forestry is defined as experience in any of the following:
- Forest tenure field development
- Harvest operations or compliance and enforcement)
- A Registered Professional Forester (RPF), or immediately eligible for registration as an RPF, with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP). Note: Immediately eligible is defined as being currently registered as a fully licensed professional in good standing in an applicable jurisdiction and can immediately transfer to the ABCFP as an RPF.
- Experience organizing and managing complex initiatives.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence.
For more information and to apply online by January 5, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/91570