Western Forest Products is hiring for an experienced Millwright at our Columbia Vista Sawmill in Vancouver, WA.
What We Offer:
- Hourly wage range of $32.25 – $35.83 plus shift differentials and opportunities for increases based on experience.
- Dental and Medical Benefits; employee premiums for base plan are 100% paid for by WFP
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Basic life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO) and Paid holidays.
- Opportunities for growth and a long-term career
- An energetic team-oriented environment
- A safe and clean workplace
Shifts: Must be available for day shifts and weekends.
Successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing, as well as background checks.
Millwrights are responsible for the repair and upkeep of the facility and all manufacturing equipment. Millwrights must apply knowledge of mechanical equipment, processes and techniques to perform tasks related to the industrial millwright trade, such as:
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic/pneumatic systems, gears, reducers, bearings, sprockets, chains, belts and valves;
- Cut, weld and fabricate components as needed;
- Apply preventive maintenance practices to enhance operational effectiveness;
- Assist electricians and other maintenance personnel in performing other tasks as needed;
- Assist equipment operators as necessary and improve operator efficiency;
- Communicate and apply new ideas to improve overall operations; and
- Demonstrate best practices for safe operation of the facility and contribute to safety improvement efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Certified Apprentice or Journeyman Millwright strongly preferred;
- Maintenance experience in a manufacturing or other industrial environment;
- Willing and able to work any shift, including days, afternoons, graveyards, and weekends;
- Maintain safe performance under pressure of operations;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; and
- Ability to work in an environment containing wood dust.
Western Forest Products is a leading forest products company that manufactures high-quality wood products and sustainably manages forests. Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia with operations in the coastal region of B.C. and Washington State, Western meets the needs of customers worldwide with a specialty wood products focus and diverse product offering. Our large investment in manufacturing and progressive approach to safe and sustainable forestry practices ensures the health and prosperity of our business, forests and communities for generations to come.
At Western Forest Products, we believe our most significant asset is our people. Investing in our people brings value and success to our business, ensuring a safe, engaged, productive and continuously improving workplace. We offer challenging opportunities working alongside the best in the industry to meet your career and professional development goals while providing competitive total rewards and recognition.
We offer rewarding, impactful careers and we encourage all who share our goal of Defining a Higher Standard® to apply.