This job is located on the coast of Northern California (Humboldt and Del Norte counties) where the redwood forest meets the ocean. Here Green Diamond owns roughly 375,000 acres of sustainably managed FSC certified redwood and Douglas-fir timberlands.
The main responsibility held by this position: Hire independent contractors and administer their contracts. You will be concentrating on administration of independent contractors specializing in tractor, shovel, and cable timber harvest methods. In addition, you will help administer contracts for road building and maintenance as needed. Must have knowledge of the California Forest Practice Rules and Timber Harvest Plan process to ensure contracts are administered safely, within regulations and assure commitments are met on time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelors’ degree in Forest Management or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years’ experience in a broad range of forest operations, including administering contracts, good understanding of logging operations and supervising employees.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of the California Forest Practice Rules.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills.
- Proven skills at estimating logging productivity rates.
- Extensive knowledge of log values and scaling rules.
- Ability to be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills. Working with integrity, trust, and commitment, setting an example for others.
- Must be able to form effective and professional relationships with co-workers within immediate work group, outside the immediate department, and with key contacts outside the company.
- Must have effective and productive communications skills; speak well, communicate ideas clearly. Write well, clear, and concise. Be approachable and open to discussion.
To view the complete job description and apply online go to the career page on our website at www.greendiamond.com/employment.
About Green Diamond Resource Company
Green Diamond Resource Company is a fifth-generation, family-owned forest products company. The rich history of our Company spans over 130 years. Our success is due to the quality and commitment of our employees. We support our employees in many ways - with safety practices and work environments beyond what laws and regulations require. We invest in resources and education to offer our people opportunities for growth and advancement.
Green Diamond owns and manages over 2.2 million acres of working forestland in ten states in the Western and Southern US. In the area surrounding Humboldt and Del Norte counties in California we own over 375,000 acres. We manage our lands in an environmentally responsible manner, as sustainable (FSC certified) and productive working forests.