Green Diamond is currently seeking qualified candidates for full time Foresters. The Forester provides high quality field assistance to the Registered Professional Foresters (RPF’s) in the engineering of harvest units and roads for the development of Timber Harvest Plans. This position supports a wide variety of field layout tasks associated with THP design. Aids in the reconnaissance of new larger stands of timber for eventual future development of roads and harvest areas. Documents and records technical information related to THP work and is exposed to all facets of forestry.
This position has a progressive career path. You will learn and grow through guidance, mentoring and support from other more seasoned foresters. With the knowledge and training you receive, the goal is to have you eventually take the exam to become a licensed Professional Forester in California.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Successfully completed college forestry courses such as dendrology, surveying, forest road layout and design, and logging systems. Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry, Natural Resources Management or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Must have a valid Drivers’ License.
- Knowledge of how to apply road and harvesting design principles during field layout.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to take responsibility for the quality of his/her work products as well as his/ her own personal safe behaviors.
- Must be proficient in the use of forest engineering equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate with the aid of a map and compass.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
To view the complete job description and apply online go to our website at www.greendiamond.com/employment
About Green Diamond Resource Company
Green Diamond Resource Company is a fifth-generation, family-owned forest products company. The rich history of our Company spans over 130 years. Our success is due to the quality and commitment of our employees. We support our employees in many ways - with safety practices and work environments beyond what laws and regulations require. We invest in resources and education to offer our people opportunities for growth and advancement.
Green Diamond owns and manages over 2.6 million acres of working forestland in ten states in the Western and Southern US. In the area surrounding Humboldt and Del Norte counties in Northern California where this job is located we own over 375,000 acres. We manage our lands in an environmentally responsible manner, as sustainable (FSC certified) productive working forests.