We are looking for a Seasonal Forestry Technician who can provide high quality field assistance to District Foresters in the design and layout of harvest units for the development of Harvest Plans. The technician aids foresters in the field reconnaissance and flagging of road locations, stream protection zones, harvest boundaries and related forestry duties.
- Flag boundaries, stream protection zones, property lines, wildlife retention areas, wildlife key habitat features (green trees, snags, ponds, seeps etc.), tree marking, and stream classification.
- Performs field reconnaissance and describes the conditions and potential constraints and problems to the responsible District Forester who can provide further guidance and resolution to field layout design.
- Documents and records the technical information related to each Harvest Plan in a concise and accurate manner.
- Associates of Science degree in Forestry, Natural Resource field or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of how to apply road and harvesting design principles during field layout.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be proficient in the use of forestry equipment, including GPS.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate with the aid of a map, compass and aerial photo interpretation
To apply online visit our website at www.greendiamond.com/employment
About Green Diamond Resource Company
Green Diamond Resource Company is a fifth-generation, family-owned forest products company. The rich history of our Company spans over 130 years. Our success is due to the quality and commitment of our employees. We support our employees in many ways - with safety practices and work environments beyond what laws and regulations require. We invest in resources and education to offer our people opportunities for growth and advancement.
Green Diamond owns and manages over 2.1 million acres of working forestland in ten states in the Western and Southern US. In the area surrounding Klamath Falls we own over 600,000 acres. We manage our lands in an environmentally responsible manner, as sustainable (SFI certified) and productive working forests.