This position is responsible for operating a variety of heavy duty equipment used in the woods for log/chip production such as chip truck, skidder, bulldozer (CAT), shears, chipper or loader. A primary part of this job is the requirement to drive a semi-truck with a chip van to move wood chips as needed to various sites on company property or delivery to the customer.
- Operate various types of heavy duty equipment used in logging operations to include skidder, bulldozer, shears, chipper or loader.
- Operate semi-truck with chip van for moving wood chips on company property or delivery to the customer.
- Positions tarps, chains, straps and binders to secure loads during transit.
- Ability to maintain a truck log according to federal DOT and state regulations.
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT, OSHA and company safety programs.
- Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned trucks, trailers and heavy equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor and maintenance department.
- Must keep truck and equipment clean and free of debris.
- Must be alert to potential hazards and respond appropriately.
- Must have the ability to work in and around moving equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and satisfactory driving record.
- Demonstrated safe and proper use of assigned equipment.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and commitment to take responsibility for the quality of their work as well as personal safe behaviors.
- Must be an active and contributing participant in the safety program.
- Must follow all environmental rules and regulations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required, include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently exposed to exposed fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration and a variety of weather conditions.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements of the position.
- Pass all physical, drug and alcohol testing as required by company policy and DOT regulations.
- Must maintain punctual and regular attendance at all times.
- Requires the use of standard safety equipment in regulation with Oregon Operations
To view the complete job description and apply online go to our website at www.greendiamond.com/employment
About Green Diamond Resource Company
Green Diamond Resource Company is a fifth-generation, family-owned forest products company. The rich history of our Company spans over 130 years. Our success is due to the quality and commitment of our employees. We support our employees in many ways - with safety practices and work environments beyond what laws and regulations require. We invest in resources and education to offer our people opportunities for growth and advancement.
Green Diamond owns and manages over 2.6 million acres of working forestland in ten states in the Western and Southern US. In the area surrounding Klamath Falls in Oregon where this job is located we own over 630,000 acres. We manage our lands in an environmentally responsible manner, as sustainable (SFI certified) productive working forests.