The Forestry Technicians job is responsible for a variety of forestry related tasks, including but not limited to gathering accurate forest inventory using current mensuration technology. Responsibilities include the support and assistance in managing, develop and protect the forest property owned by Deer Park Lumber and other lands.
· Primary responsible for maintaining the Safety-First work environment for all areas assigned.
· Responsible for developing and maintaining log scaling job knowledge and task completion.
· Responsible for timber harvest marking and layout determination.
· Assess timber measurements and valuation.
· Engages in the interaction and communication with the general public, contractors, landowners, Deer Park Lumber management and Forestry Department.
· Performs accurate forest data collection.
· Performs and completes the task of proper boundary marking.
· Supports and completes as requested the preparation of forest management plans.
· Performs proper identification and marking of harvest boundaries.
· Demonstrates the ability to work independently as well as within at team environment.
· Support and participate in forest fire suppression when directed.
· When requested, provide public education programs to educate on forest care and conservation.
Skills and Competencies:
· Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Recon timber, use of ariel photography
· Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, especially Excel).
· Hands-on detail-oriented tasks.
· Team player and can collaborate with other teams in other business entities.
· High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
· Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in forestry services and keep current with developments and trends. Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
Deer Park Lumber is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
Work Location: In person