Aklin Vegetation Management Company is a small business in Corvallis, OR. Our goal is to find professional employees that work well in a team and like working in the great pacific northwest forests. Aklin Vegetation Management Company is seeking one Full Time Forestry Technician.
Our work environment includes:
- Growth opportunities
- Casual work attire
- On-the-job training
- Safe work environment
Forestry Technician Duties:
- 1st, 2nd and 5th year stocking surveys
- Establishment of survival plots
- Tree planting inspection
- Stream type surveys
- Forestry stream buffer marking
- Inventory cruising
- Roadside Spraying
- Vegetation Management
- Collect accurate information as needed
- General maintenance on vehicles and equipment
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Preferred 2-year forestry degree, Associates or Bachelors in a Forestry related field preferred
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to collect and record accurate data
- Strong physical stamina
- Knowledge of reforestation techniques and materials
- Experience in Forestry preferred
- Computer skills in Microsoft products, and knowledge of Avenza Maps or GIS mapping knowledge preferred
- Maintain complete and accurate written records
- Great communication and listening skills
- Team player that also can work independently
- Must follow all company safety policies
- Work in remote locations
- Cork boots and raingear required: Company will supply hard hat, safety vest, and all tools needed to complete jobs.
- Job may require you to work some weekends.
- Obtain a commercial applicators license with an endorsement in Right-of -Way and Aquatic within 4 months of hire.
- This job requires working outdoors in ALL weather conditions. It could require strenuous labor or physical strength, driving on forest roads, lifting 50 pounds or more at time.
- This job will require you to be in the field 95 percent of the time.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.50 – $22.50 per hour
Expected hours: No more than 50 per week
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Signing bonus
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Forestry Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person