Come Grow with Us! Forsite is actively looking for a Forestry Inventory Photo Interpreter. This position can be remote or ideally based out of one of our Salmon Arm, BC or Edmonton, AB offices.
WHO WE ARE:
With 11 locations throughout Canada, Forsite Consultants Ltd. is a leading provider of integrated forest land development and management services. Our staff are industry leaders in forestry technology, strategic planning, resource and land management and professional forestry. Forsite is committed to growth, innovation and maintaining a safe and respectful working environment.
At Forsite we will excel by being a flexible, adaptable, people-oriented business that grows and profits by creating value for our customers and opportunities for our employees. We will apply our skills, knowledge and technologies to be the best forest management company. We value fostering and sustaining an environment of diversity and inclusion where everyone can reach their full potential.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Operating within Forsite’s Resource Management and Technology business area, the Forestry Inventory Photo Interpreter will work closely with clients, government and technical staff to design and deliver innovative remote sensing inventory solutions that can be used at both operational and strategic planning scales.
This role has a strong focus on photo interpretation of stands and individual trees in a softcopy environment for the purpose of creating LiDAR based forest inventories. Additional duties for the successful candidate will include GIS analysis to assess the accuracy of LiDAR based inventories, assistance with project management of LiDAR Inventory projects, and support to planners in operational planning with new inventory products.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Post-secondary education with a natural resource management focus and/or suitable related forestry experience in Canada;
- 5 years’ experience in photo interpretation in a softcopy environment capability. Experience with Summit software an asset;
- Proficient in ESRI ArcGIS tools;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities (analytics using math/basic statistics will be required);
- An understanding of how LiDAR and other remote sensing data can be used to create forest inventory data would be an asset.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Professional with a friendly and courteous manner, being service and team oriented;
- A strong communicator with technical writing skills;
- A problem solver with decision making skills; and
- An independent person able to work under limited direct supervision as well as in a dynamic team environment.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
In addition to a challenging and rewarding work environment, Forsite provides work/life flexibility, competitive wages, a solid benefits package, supported professional development and a company matched pension program.
Forsite welcomes applications from everyone and is looking for the most suitable individual with the skills and knowledge to effectively complete the duties required of the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.