Weyerhaeuser Timberlands Division in Kenora, ON is seeking a highly motivated individual to assist us with our general forestry operations. This position will run from early May 2024 until the end of August 2024.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting our company operations in the areas of Forest Measurements, GIS, Silviculture, Harvest and Haul Operations, Operational Planning, and/or Road Development.
We are accepting applications from:
- Students currently enrolled in a 2 or 4-year forestry or resource management program, where graduating students will only be considered if they are continuing on to further education following summer employment.
Additional qualifications are:
- Strong safety values and behaviors
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Physical ability for field work including ATV and 4WD pickup operation
- Understanding of sound environmental practices
- High comfort level with working and traveling in remote forestland areas
- Previous forestry operations experience would be a significant asset
- Valid drivers’ license without conditions (varies by province)
- Assets include experience compassing & using a GPS, valid First Aid training, ATV Safety Course, driving pickups including pulling a trailer, and Microsoft Office experience
- Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Weyerhaeuser offers a competitive compensation package including benefits. The specific compensation will be commensurate with the experience and capabilities of the successful candidate. Weyerhaeuser offers relocation reimbursement and up to $1,000 per month for housing assistance.
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.
For more than a century, we’ve been taking care of forests to make life better.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.