You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
- FORESTER I (NONSUPERVISORY)
- FORESTRY ASSISTANT II
- Job Application Package Checklist
- Duty Statement
FORESTRY ASSISTANT II
When you join CAL FIRE, you join a family of employees that function as a team. You will build trust and friendship with your co-workers, as together you respond to emergencies and challenging situations. CAL FIRE provides employees with a variety of career choices and opportunities. We hope that you will consider a rewarding and challenging career with CAL FIRE!
- The position(s) require(s) Medical Clearance prior to being hired.
- The position(s) require(s) a(n) Registered Professional Forester License. You will be required to provide a copy of your license prior to being hired.
Completed applications and all required documents must be received or postmarked by the Final Filing Date in order to be considered. Dates printed on Mobile Bar Codes, such as the Quick Response (QR) Codes available at the USPS, are not considered Postmark dates for the purpose of determining timely filing of an application.
Final Filing Date: 3/10/2024Who May Apply
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified applicants will be selected to move forward in the selection process. Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications stated in the Classification Specification(s).
How To Apply
Address for Mailing Application Packages
You may submit your application and any applicable or required documents to:
Address for Drop-Off Application Packages
You may drop off your application and any applicable or required documents at:
Required Application Package Documents
The following items are required to be submitted with your application. Applicants who do not submit the required items timely may not be considered for this job:
- Current version of the State Examination/Employment Application STD Form 678 (when not applying electronically), or the Electronic State Employment Application through your Applicant Account at www.CalCareers.ca.gov. All Experience and Education relating to the Minimum Qualifications listed on the Classification Specification should be included to demonstrate how you meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position.
- Resume is required and must be included.
- Other – Authorization to Release Information Form (PO-299). This form may be found at: https://www.fire.ca.gov/-/media/D817B8E27D8049C3BC35297686467FB9
- Other – Copy of the front and back of your valid Driver’s License of the appropriate class issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Other – Copy of your valid California Registered Professional Forester License.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for the hiring interview process must request the necessary accommodations if scheduled for a hiring interview. The request should be made at the time of contact to schedule the interview. Questions regarding reasonable accommodations may be directed to the EEO contact listed on this job posting.
The Hiring Unit Contact is available to answer questions regarding the position or application process.
Hiring Unit Contact:
Please direct requests for Reasonable Accommodations to the interview scheduler at the time the interview is being scheduled. You may direct any additional questions regarding Reasonable Accommodations or Equal Employment Opportunity for this position(s) to the Department’s EEO Office.
Reasonable Accommodation Coordinator
California Relay Service: 1-800-735-2929 (TTY), 1-800-735-2922 (Voice) TTY is a Telecommunications Device for the Deaf, and is reachable only from phones equipped with a TTY Device.
Bargaining Unit 08 Considerations
Candidate may be selected by resume review.
Applicants are highly encouraged to complete a Recruitment Questionnaire, located at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HLYSH8V.
Pursuant to California Penal Code 4571, any individual interested in seeking employment who may be required to work with inmates at a conservation camp must disclose of any prior felony status up front, so CAL FIRE/CDCR can provide informed consent to a former felon to be on the Conservation Camp/Prison grounds. Any person/employee that has been convicted of a Felony and not received written consent, is committing a Felony.
Positions located at a Camp or requiring the supervision of inmates requires compliance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act. Compliance is determined by completing a Live Scan prior to appointment and during the course of employment to verify the standards of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 115 Prison Rape Elimination Act National Standards are met.