General position summary:
The Forester will apply a wide variety of forest management techniques while assisting on multiple projects in Oregon, with occasional work throughout the Pacific Northwest. The main project area is within a 100-mile radius of Eugene, Oregon.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Assist with the planning, layout, and marketing of harvest programs.
- Monitor harvest operations.
- Pre-harvest reconnaissance related to unit layout, road design, and access.
- Oversee road maintenance, design and construction projects.
- Supervise reforestation, pre-commercial thinning, and other silviculture tasks as assigned.
- Supervise daily activities of contractors.
- Timber cruising and check cruising.
- Working knowledge of forest management and related timber harvesting operations.
- Working knowledge of forest road design, construction, and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of Oregon Forest Practice Act.
- Working knowledge of logging systems in the Pacific Northwest (PNW).
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office and Excel, ArcGIS a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and team-oriented individual.
- Work is performed both within the field and in our offices.
- Field work to be performed in all weather conditions, steep rough terrain, and a variety of settings including open fields and forested areas.
- Computer use, physical ability to operate a telephone, and sit for extended periods of time, may lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Overnight travel expected to be necessary from 1 to 2 days per month.
Education and/or Experience:
- A.A/B.A./B.S. in Forestry, natural resources or related field.
- Experienced field forester (2-5 years) with team lead abilities.
- Combination of experience and education.
- Preference given to candidates with previous consulting experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- May supervise daily activities of forest technicians and sub-contractors.
- Contacts are within the company, business contacts and with our clients.
Mason, Bruce & Girard, Inc. is a full-service natural resource consulting firm, with expertise in environmental services, forestry, and geographic information systems (GIS). A set of core values guide our work, focusing our efforts on providing responsible, sustainable solutions that meet client needs.
Our areas of expertise include forestry, wildlife, fisheries, wetlands, water quality, and GIS. Our work is characterized by the highest level of client service, the application of the best science and technology, quality processes and results, integrity, and our respect for the natural environment. We provide natural resource consulting services to both industry and government and have done so since 1921.
Join Us/Apply Now
Click here https://www.masonbruce.com/careers/ to apply and send us your resume.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-
503-224-3445 for assistance.
MB&G is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Work Location: In person