(Temporary Approx. 3 months)
People, Place, Prosperity
Working within our Strategic Plan, Cambridge Connected, and committing to our values of Integrity, Respect, Inclusiveness and Service, the successful candidate will work together to help the City of Cambridge achieve our vision: A place for people to prosper – alive with opportunity.
The City of Cambridge has a temporary opening available immediately for Forester 1 within our infrastructure Services Department, Operations Division.
High school Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid DZ License
- Must enroll in Urban Tree Maintenance Apprenticeship Program (for permanent positions)
- Must be physically capable to performing duties related to the job requirements including climbing
- Computer Literacy in order to function with UTMS maintenance management system
- Knowledge of basic forestry/landscape, hand tools, ie. pruners, secateurs, saws, rakes, shovels
- Knowledge of basic power tools. i.e. chainsaws, backpack blowers, wood auger, hedge trimmers, tillers.
This position is within the outside workers union Salary Schedule and has an hourly rate of $30.48. Probationary rate may apply.
Advertisement expiration date
To apply, submit your candidate profile and application through cityONE Careers by November 21, 2023.
Accommodation needs and protection of privacy
The City of Cambridge recognizes and appreciates diversity and inclusion enhances our public value commitment.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience and encourage all qualified people to apply, including and especially people from equity-deserving groups. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with honour and respect toward their individual dimensions of diversity.
We strive to remove barriers that may prevent qualified applicants from fully participating in the recruitment and selection process. Accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and other applicable legislation is available throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Contact HRServices@Cambridge.ca to make your needs known in advance.
For more information on our Employment Equity, please read our full policy.
Personal information collected in relation to the recruitment process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and used solely to determine eligibility for employment with the City of Cambridge only.