Maple Leaf Forestry Ltd. is a well-established natural resource consultant based out of Cranbrook, BC. We promote a culture of professionalism, continuous development, and work-life balance in our team. We offer competitive compensation and benefits for both new ambitious professionals looking to build a diverse career, and for experienced professionals looking to foster the next generation of forest professionals.
The successful candidate will work with a diverse range of multi-phase projects in forestry as well as other natural resource sectors. Responsibilities may include: road and cutblock planning; reconnaissance; environmental assessments; layout; developing prescriptions for timber harvest, wildfire fuel reduction, or ecosystem restoration; appraisals; permitting; and developing block- or landscape-level plans.
Preferred Designation, Experience, and Skills:
- Designation as a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Registered Forest Technologist (RFT), or Trainee (FIT, ASFIT, TFT, ASTFT) in good standing with Forest Professionals BC, or eligibility to become one.
- Experience in accurately collecting and summarizing field data, preparing professional reports, and providing quality assurance for project deliverables.
- Familiarity with multi-phase forestry projects and the pertinent legislation and standard operating procedures.
- Project management skills in coordinating team members to achieve project objectives.
- Class 5 driver’s license and submission of a current driver’s abstract.
- Certifications including S100 Fire Training, WHMIS, and Occupational First Aid – Level 1 or the ability to acquire these with company support.
- Outdoor enthusiast with a moderate fitness level.
- Leadership and effective delegation to empower other team members’ professional development.
- Enthusiasm for sponsoring other team members in acquiring professional designations.
- Collaborative skills in working with other professionals on multi-disciplinary and long-term projects.
- Conversancy with MS Office Suite® and collecting field data on iPad apps.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person