Sakâw Askiy Management Inc. (Sakâw) is a collaborative industry partnership of five forest companies with Saskatchewan operations and two First Nations. Sakâw holds the Prince Albert Forest Management Agreement (PA FMA) and facilitates forest management within the FMA area which currently provides an AAC of 2 million M³ and is expected to grow to 3 million M³ with further area expansion.
Sakâw is seeking a highly motivated individual with forest management background. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager will act as the single point of contact for the consortium responsible for strategic forest management in the FMA area; administration of the FMA; and facilitating planning while ensuring compliance and contractual and other obligations. The General Manager will also support shareholders in building strong relationships with Indigenous Peoples, government entities, communities and other stakeholders.
The General Manager position will interest persons with ten or more successful years in forest management. Candidates will likely have a degree in forestry but other relevant education will be considered. Particular experience and competencies that will be of interest include:
· Proven interpersonal skills – relationship management, discretion, diplomacy, presence, and leadership
· Exhibit behaviour associated with strong performance in communications
· Strategic thinking – ability to understand the sector, including economic issues, industry dynamics and key issues that will affect the future development of the forest sector
· Public policy – a strong awareness of public policy, including how, where, when and by whom decisions are taken and how the process can be influenced
· Political Awareness – understand government agenda and link it to Sakâw’s case
· Analytical thinking – ability to identify, access, absorb and interpret relevant information
· People management – ability to develop, motivate and manage the performance of others, including staff and committees, so that objectives, and good team performance is achieved
· Planning – ability to develop and communicate a clear strategy
· Financial awareness – ability to manage budgets and to assess the financial implications
Relevant Websites: www.sakaw.ca; www.tourismsaskatchewan.com
Compensation and Benefits: Sakâw Askiy offers excellent benefits and relocation package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.