Registered Professional Forester (RPF)
You are a passionate and independently motivated individual with years of experience in your field who
is driven toward contributing to efforts to mitigate climate change. You thrive in a team-oriented
environment and are interested in learning a variety of skills from experienced professionals with
backgrounds spanning sustainability, technology, and engineering. You are an excellent communicator
with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
You will be employed with Flash Forest as a Silvicultural Forester. As a Silvicultural Forester, you will assist
in the planning and developing of new drone seeding projects, develop reforestation plans, participate in
fieldwork and monitoring assessments and create permitting applications for reforestation projects. You
are required to occasionally travel as part of your responsibilities (at least two months during the year).
Flash Forest is a growing and dynamic company and, as such, you will be expected to complete any other
duties that are assigned to you. All employees at Flash Forest are required to remain flexible in the types
of work they undertake. This offer assumes that type of flexibility.
You will be working with the Biological (Plant Science) Research & Development Team to assist with
meeting Flash Forest’s research and development goals. Tasks include:
● Silvicultural and ecosystem rehabilitation plans
● Forestry field work, layout, seedling assessments
● Monitoring of forest restoration projects
● Reporting, record keeping, and communicating with project stakeholders
● Assisting members of the Biological Research & Development Team and other Flash Forest
staff on an as-needed basis
● Supporting a consistent, timely and aggressive cone and seed collection strategy, which
ensures seed inventory matches scaling plans.
● Managing and working closely with your direct reports on the forestry team
● Registered Professional Forester with the ABCFP
● PhD or MSc with 5+ years of experience in silviculture, forestry or ecological restoration
● Experience independently designing, executing, and analyzing research experiments is a
● Experience with ecosystems across BC is an asset.
● Experience with ecosystems across BC is a preference.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must; you will be working closely with
various teams and individuals
● The ability to handle multiple projects at once is a must
● Experience in a start-up or fast-paced work environment is an asset but not required
Flash Forest is a reforestation company that uses aerial mapping software, drone technology,
automation, ecological science, and a lot of passion to reforest post-wildfire areas at a rapid pace. We
accelerate the rate of reforestation worldwide. Instead of humans on the ground, we transfer the hard
labour to drones at 10 times the speed. Living in the age of technology, we can effectively harness this to
restore entire ecosystems, scaling the global quest for carbon neutrality.
Flash Forest is here to tip the scales in the global ecological crisis.
With primary office locations in Mississauga and Vancouver, we are excited to have you as part of our
team as we expand to the world. This role is based out of our Vancouver BC location. The position will be
mostly remote, but you will be required to travel across the province for extended periods of time
(mostly in BC and AB but occasionally in other provinces and internationally).
IMPACT – We started Flash Forest with the goal of offsetting enough carbon emissions to have a
significant and measurable impact on climate change within the next decade.
QUALITY – We work closely with plant scientists and forestry experts and will use multispectral mapping
UAV technology to select ideal planting sites and provide valuable follow up data on ecosystem health.
INCLUSIVITY – We want everyone to have a way of personally contributing to a large-scale environmental
solution through an organization they can trust.
COOPERATION – We are committed to partnering with local groups, agencies, scientists, and individuals
of all types to share knowledge and resources for best reforestation solutions.
Remote, across BC