Do you have experience in tree maintenance?
Do you have experience in planting or maintaining trees?
Do you want to continue to thrive and grow in your experience, training and education?
Want to help the City of Leawood’s Parks Maintenance division thrive?
THE CITY OF LEAWOOD, KANSAS is looking for an
Experienced Forestry Maintenance Worker
Why you should apply to be a part of the Parks Maintenance Team at the City of Leawood as a Forestry Parks Maintenance Worker:
- The City of Leawood is in an exciting and dynamic period of growth and we are looking at expanding our Parks Maintenance Team.
- The Parks Maintenance Team strives for excellence in their service to each other, clients, fellow employees, the Governing Body and ultimately the citizens of Leawood.
Additional Information: The City of Leawood offers career development opportunities in which the employee could increase their experience, training, and pay. The position is eligible to receive merit based pay increases every year (merit increase up to 3.9% increase). Employees also receive a Time In Service Bonus every three years of employment on their anniversary date equal to 5% of their annual salary.
Summary of the Position: The Forestry Maintenance Worker performs a wide variety of semi-skilled tasks related to the planting and maintenance of shrubs, and trees. Assists in emergency operations, including snow removal, flood response and other natural disasters.
General Overview of Responsibilities:
- Assists with the planting, removal and overall maintenance of trees in right-of-way, city facilities and parks.
- Assists in regular inspections for insect, weed and disease problems in trees, shrubs and plantings.
- Assists in the landscaping and maintenance of City-owned facilities and parks.
- Assists in preparing park property and facilities for public use including but not limited to setting up and breaking down of furniture and ensuring public restrooms and shelter houses are clean and functioning properly.
- Ensures all division equipment and vehicles are in proper operating condition prior to use. Duties include but are not limited to adhering to maintenance schedules, checking oil supplies, patching tires, changing blades and lubricating equipment. Notifies supervisor of unsafe equipment.
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance, and repairs on department equipment including but not limited to adjusting carburetors, changing engine parts on tractors, turf utility vehicles and calibrating spreaders and plows.
- Employee will be required to assist with snow removal operations and other emergency activities which require occasionally working extended shifts and after normal working hours, including weekends and/or holidays.
Minimum Requirements: Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in forestry, tree maintenance, parks maintenance, or equivalent training. Six years of experience in parks or tree maintenance, preferred. Must have a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with air brakes and tanker endorsements or be able to obtain within one (1) of hire. Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record per the City’s drivers Use of Vehicles for City Business policy throughout employment with the City.
Accepting Applications through Friday, December 8, 2023
Starting Rate of Pay: $21.30 – $25.00 / hourly
(This is a non-exempt benefits eligible position.)*
Applicants that currently hold a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class A or B is eligible to receive a stipend; up to $5,000 for a Class A and up to $3,000 for a Class B.
Submit your application TODAY!