- You love talking to new people, being outside, and working independently.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and pay close attention to detail.
- You’re willing to learn. We provide ongoing training and assistance in obtaining industry-related certifications.
- Health, Dental, Vision; coverage begins on the start date.
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday time off.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Company vehicle & fuel card.
- ISA Arborist Certification/Continuing education assistance.
- Clothing allowance.
- Gym membership reimbursement.
- Contact property owners & public agencies regarding pruning and/or removals.
- Work directly with the utility foresters/managers.
- Conduct tree and brush inventories.
- Conduct hazard tree inspections and evaluations.
- Plan work for tree contractors.
- Manage data.
- Safeguard employees and public from hazards in and around the work area.
- Enforce on-the-job safety practices.
- Carry and utilize materials, tools, and equipment at work site.
- Service trucks and equipment, keep trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- ISA Arborist Certification (Required)
- Degree in forestry or related field and/or experience in utility line clearance. (Preferred)
- Species identification skills and invasive species knowledge, plus knowledge of tree growth rates.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills are a priority.
- Ability to travel and work in rugged terrain and inclement weather.
- Proficient in map navigation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data collection software (GIS experience a plus).
Family is our foundation; it is who we are. Our employee-owners are our greatest asset and the heart of CNUC. Teamwork is how we operate.Our vision is to be the premier company in providing innovative, economically sensible and environmentally sustainable vegetation management services. We assist our clients in achieving compliant, effective, efficient and defensible utility vegetation management programs.