Key Function of Position:
Continually advancing Campbell Global’s (CG’s) timberland strategy and practice for delivering sustainable outcomes by investing wisely and responsibly.
- Actively engaging with prospective and existing investors to ensure CG is prepared to offer the full range of services, disclosures, and impact reports needed to exceed client expectations.
- Working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders to effectively develop, implement, and manage all elements of CG’s Responsible Investing (RI) platform.
- Leading and enhancing CG’s Carbon Footprint Program by promoting collaboration across geographies with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading the identification, development, implementation, and monitoring of forest carbon sequestration projects.
- Sharing acquisition due diligence findings with CG’s Investment Committee regarding ESG considerations, Principle Adverse Impacts or Do No Significant Harm screening criteria.
- Serving as primary liaison with the JP Morgan Sustainable Investment Team and other third-party forest carbon advisors.
- Assimilating and distributing knowledge on global best practices, core competencies and emerging trends in the marketplace for ecosystem services.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a multi-year Sustainability and Impact roadmap with measurable goals/objectives.
- Evaluate on an annual basis performance against plans from the prior year and recommend programmatic adjustments to the Responsible Investment Committee and Executive Team.
- Support investment-related decisions with regards to underwriting RI strategies at acquisition.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop resource plans, business cases, and financial models for proposed value-creation initiatives.
- Highlight compelling stories that demonstrate the value of sustainability initiatives and drive accountability across functional areas within the firm.
- Serve as Vice-Chair on CG’s RI Committee, responsible for establishing a regular schedule of meetings, setting agendas, and managing RI-related projects through the Committee.
- Maintain working knowledge of RI reporting programs and regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, SFDR, EU Taxonomy, the UN SDGs, the UN PRI framework, TCFDs, and GIIN.
- Develop effective and insightful RI metrics and platforms for investor reporting products, such as quarterly reports and annual management plans.
- Represent CG in external engagements and membership in key RI/ESG-related industry organizations and third-party service providers.
- Manage the writing and development of external-facing ESG impact reports and thought-leadership publications.
- Monitor emerging and developing RI practices in the marketplace ensuring CG activities are relevant and aligned with trends in the external environment.
- Ensure that environmental or financial risk management reporting is conducted in a timely and professional manner to your Supervisor and, if appropriate, local Safety Coordinator.
- Respond to internal and external information requests in conjunction with management and team members.
- Actively participate within the organization to ensure all timberland management investment services meet or exceed client commitments.
- Represent Campbell Global at all levels, maintaining positive public relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position is considered exempt based on job responsibilities.
Qualifications for Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences or related field.
- MBA preferred.
- 4 years practical experience working in natural resource investment sector.
- In lieu of the above, we will consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience resulting in the knowledge and skills required to perform the job.
Skills and knowledge required/preferred:
- Advanced knowledge of forest carbon policy, offset protocols (compliance and voluntary), and GHG accounting standards.
- Ability to think creatively and critically, recognize new business opportunities, understand new technologies, and effectively communicate ideas.
- Capacity to solve complex problems in a dynamic, fast-paced business environment.
- Excellent relationship-building and active-listening skills that enable cross-functional work with diverse personalities from a variety of backgrounds.
- Analytically strong, detail orientated, and highly organized.
- Ability to accept direct feedback and adapt accordingly.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work to be performed; they do not constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Campbell Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of respect, and we prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment. We value diversity and seek to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
About Campbell Global
At Campbell Global, we believe wholeheartedly in providing equal opportunity in employment, without regard to any individual’s ethnicity, race, religion or creed, gender, or any other point of personal status or identity. We are committed to providing an environment of respect, and we prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment. We value diversity and seek to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our company shared values include quality, service, integrity, growth and fun. If those values resonate with you, you may be just the person to join our team! In addition to the qualifications listed below, and most importantly, we are looking for a team member who:
- Values people and prioritizes developing strong working relationships
- Has a personal commitment to respect everyone, regardless of differences in appearance, background, preferences, opinions and beliefs
- Understands the value of others’ differences in appearance, background, preferences, opinions and beliefs
- Practices personal accountability
- Is willing to fully engage in their job, the organization, working relationships and company culture
- Goes out of their way to include others in work, information sharing, activities and socializing
If this describes you, and if you have a combination of skills, attributes and education that enable you to perform the job, please apply! We look forward to hearing from you.
Campbell Global is a subsidiary of JP Morgan Chase & Co.