Provide macroeconomic, microeconomic and forest economics research supporting current and prospective timberland investments and investor clients. Specifically:
- Provide economic and market research supporting domestic and international initiatives through the development of subject-specific white papers.
- Assist Senior Forest Economist in developing log, stumpage, and carbon price forecasts for US and international timberland investments.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist and collaborate with Senior Forest Economist in the following areas:
- Development of macroeconomic research supporting long-term price forecasts.
- Support the maintenance of in-house databases associated with log prices, markets, and timberland transactions for all operating geographies.
- Complete market research supporting acquisition efforts and ongoing management through price analyses, market evaluations, end-use product trends, and industry competitiveness analyses.
- Support the development of analyses for client reporting and marketing, and present analyses through various venues including conferences, professional meetings and client outreach opportunities.
- Respond in a timely manner to internal and external information requests in conjunction with management and various team members.
- Ensure that environmental or financial risk management reporting is conducted in a timely and professional manner to the Senior Forest Economist and, if appropriate, local Safety Coordinator.
- Actively participate within the organization to ensure all timberland management investment services meet or exceed client commitments and expectations.
- Represent Campbell Global and JPMorgan Chase at all levels, maintaining positive public relations.
- PhD. in Forest Economics or Applied Economics preferred. ABD or MS in applied field of economics will also be considered.
- Three years’ work experience in forest economics, macroeconomics, and/or microeconomics.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED:
- Demonstrated ability in analyzing domestic, export and foreign log price trends.
- Demonstrated understanding of regional and local supply/demand relationships and the effects of these relationships on historical, current and future log prices.
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of domestic and international macroeconomic changes on log prices.
- Familiarity with current forest carbon offset markets, types of forest carbon offset projects, and their key eligibility requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of timberland, or related, investment industry.
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills.
- Proficient with spreadsheet, word processing, database, and statistical software (such as R, Python, SAS) programs.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, presentation skills, and demonstrated professional writing skills are a high priority.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and as a team player in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop strong working relationships across a broad cross section of Campbell Global and JPMorgan Chase including clients and internal staff.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work to be performed; they do not constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Campbell Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of respect, and we prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment. We value diversity and seek to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
About Campbell Global
At Campbell Global, we believe wholeheartedly in providing equal opportunity in employment, without regard to any individual’s ethnicity, race, religion or creed, gender, or any other point of personal status or identity. We are committed to providing an environment of respect, and we prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment. We value diversity and seek to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our company shared values include quality, service, integrity, growth and fun. If those values resonate with you, you may be just the person to join our team! In addition to the qualifications listed below, and most importantly, we are looking for a team member who:
- Values people and prioritizes developing strong working relationships
- Has a personal commitment to respect everyone, regardless of differences in appearance, background, preferences, opinions and beliefs
- Understands the value of others’ differences in appearance, background, preferences, opinions and beliefs
- Practices personal accountability
- Is willing to fully engage in their job, the organization, working relationships and company culture
- Goes out of their way to include others in work, information sharing, activities and socializing
If this describes you, and if you have a combination of skills, attributes and education that enable you to perform the job, please apply! We look forward to hearing from you.
Campbell Global is a subsidiary of JP Morgan Chase & Co.