Ministry of Forests
Williams Lake (On-Site)
Senior Resource Technologist – Range
$67,728.87 – $77,012.22 annually
The Ministry of Forests delivers holistic resource management services for British Columbians and manages specified Crown land and resources in a manner that embraces the government’s economic, environmental and social goals.
This Senior Resource Technologist – Range position provides senior technical advisory services to the Cariboo-Chilcotin Natural Resource District. To be successful in this position, you possess the ability to conclude complex technical issues using advanced analytical reasoning and judgement skills. You have strong written and oral communication skills, exercising professionalism, tact and diplomacy with industry clients, external agencies and management. In addition, you possess the ability to effectively liaise with other industry clients, government agencies, First Nations, the public and diverse public interest groups. If you are a motivated natural resource professional seeking a rewarding career opportunity, we encourage your application.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service, please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service – Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree, diploma, or equivalent in a natural resource field. Preference may be given to applicants with experience related to rangeland management.
- Experience performing technical duties that support natural resource management.
- Must possess and maintain a valid BC Driver’s Class 5 Licence or equivalent.
- May be required to operate a variety of field equipment.
- Must be willing and able to withstand the rigors of field work.
- Must be willing and able to work in all/adverse weather conditions.
- Must be willing and able to travel to meet job requirements.
- Must comply with the safety standards of the Ministry and WorkSafe BC.
For more information and to apply online by September 1, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/102656