Ministry of Forests
Multiple Locations (Hybrid)
Flexible work options are available. This position may be able to work up to two (2) days per week from home, subject to an approved telework agreement.
Timber Tenures Specialist
$75,454.69 – $96,020.36 annually $43.17 bi-weekly isolation allowance for Port McNeill
The Ministry of Forests is responsible for the stewardship of provincial Crown land and ensures the sustainable management of forest, wildlife, water and other land-based resources.
The Timber Tenures Specialist provides specialist services to Regional Operations for the South Coast and West Coast Natural Resource Regions. This position provides senior professional policy and operational advisory services, including directing others at an area level. The Timber Tenures Specialist ensures consistency in delivering programs across the area (policy and linkages to operational activities) and provides operation and decision support to the senior government decision-makers.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the natural resource field or equivalent as recognized by the relevant association and five (5) years of related experience; OR
- Master’s Degree in the natural resource field or equivalent as recognized by the relevant association and three (3) years of related experience; OR
- PhD Degree in the natural resource field or equivalent as recognized by the relevant association and one (1) year of related experience; AND
- Register, or immediately eligible for registration (within 6 months) as a Registered Professional Forester (RPF), wit the BC Forest Professionals.
Related experience must include all of the following:
- Experience working as a resource professional in natural resource operations and/or forest management.
- Experience managing projects and/or project components.
- Experience drafting or preparing a variety of complex technical written reports, analyses, briefings, policy drafts and other documentation in accordance with regulatory or legislative requirements or guidelines.
- Experience performing technical duties and working with key statutes that support natural resource management.
- Experience consulting, negotiating and resolving conflicts with stakeholders in natural resource management.
For more information and to apply online by August 10, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/102503