Ministry of Forests
Multiple Locations (Hybrid)
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
This position can be based in a Natural Resource Sector office. The locations listed on the online posting are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity and are not a complete list of locations.
This position is also posted as a STO-RE 27R under REQ 109923.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.
Provincial Forest Entomologist
$75,454.69 – $96,020.36 annually
$36.53 bi-weekly isolation allowance for Smithers
$39.85 bi-weekly isolation allowance for Burns Lake
The Ministry of Forests is responsible for the stewardship of provincial Crown land and ensures the sustainable management of forest, wildlife, water and other land-based resources. The Ministry works with Indigenous and rural communities to strengthen and diversify their economies.
The Provincial Forest Entomologist provides provincial oversight and expertise in preventing and managing insect threats to forest resources and values. This position represents entomology interests in proposed and amended legislation and policy initiatives and acts as the Ministry’s forest entomology expert in identifying and creating key linkages to other related ministry, provincial and federal programs.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why Work for the Ministry of Forests.
Qualifications for this role include:
- A Master’s degree in forest entomology AND
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, as a Registered Professional Forester with the Forest Professionals BC. Note: Immediately eligible means you are able to transfer your current membership from another province.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience:
- Experience in forest entomology (i.e., developing and/or implementing forest health programs, strategies or projects at a Timber Supply Area or landscape level and etc) AND/OR
- Experience researching and advising on entomology issues.
For more information and to apply online by February 23, 2024, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/109921